Translate

Monday, April 7, 2014

Wanting great food, but...

Traveling through the cancer/food blogs led me to a range of ideas; I found this sunshiny chef writer, Rebecca Katz. http://rebeccakatz.com/  Her site says: "the science & alchemy of yum." It says she is "an MS, author, educator, and culinary translator." (I have to think about that last bit.)

I saw this creation, poached coconut ginger salmon: http://rebeccakatz.com/category/protein-building-foods/



I thought how much I might like to make that creation. Then I read the blurb. It says it's infused with lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves.  

Now, I do love them both, and in the past, I grew huge lemongrass plants. But I don't have anything like that now, and they don't sell lemongrass at the Giant grocery store, and definitely not the Kaffir lime leaves. I'd have to drive out to that "international market" that really is Asian, and see if they had some. It's not on the way to anywhere. 

So the stress of finding what it is I'd need in Fredericksburg, Virginia, while I'm feeling pretty punk, off and on, from chemo, means there is not much likelihood of me getting this on the stove. 

Maybe if I lived in NYC again, and kaffir lime leaves were on every street corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment